James 1:2-4 (Work Out Plan)
Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be able to be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
This month, we are challenged Cultured students to Push! Our topic, Keep it Pushing, derives from the 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NO temptation/struggle has overtaken you except what is common to mankind). We discussed challenges in life that people go through such as depression, anxiety, loneliness, hurts from the past, and trauma. All of these things can harm you physically, mentally, and even spiritually. We gave the students practical ways to invite God into their lives to PUSH THROUGH. We also used workouts to relate to each topic such as push ups or sit ups while quoting Scripture on our Instagram page and Zoom calls.
Our Cultured students not only reside locally, but technology and Zoom have allowed us to move nationally and connect with students all over the country. Zoom on Wednesdays allows us to play games, sing, laugh, and get fed by the word of God. This time is a choice. There are consistently 10 to 18 students from the ages 12-18 joining together to worship God.
- Pray for our community. Murder is very prevalent in our community and has hit us very close to home recently. Our students are fearful and that fear is trying to put a stop to what God is actually doing in the lives of our youth.
- Pray for our Cultured See the Story online event on April 8th, We will be doing a live event on Facebook so supporters can see what’s going on in our ministry and ways that they can support us physically and financially.
- Pray for our first in-person Cultured Night on April 14th.
- Pray that find volunteers or community members willing to supply food for our ministry.
- Pray we find the necessary resources for prizes so we can bless the students.
- Pray for support from other leaders in the community, churches, and youth groups.
- Pray for safety and the lives of the youth to be changed emotionally by God.